The course of information technology is designed to provide the highly skilled technique of automation involved production processes.The Department of Information Technology of ITM have well equipped aboratories with required application software, compilers & hardware including internet & Wi-Fi intranet connectivity on 565 terminals (ITM) of hybrid configuration supported by oftware like Oracle 9i, C++ Turbo, V.B. .Net., Windows XP and Linux 7.2, Win 98, Windows NT, Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, Linux 8.0, Office XP, Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, SQL server 2000, win proxy, Windows 2000 professional.
Vision of the Department
The Department of Information Technology envisions preparing technically competent problem solvers, researchers, innovators, entrepreneurs, and skilled IT professionals for the development of rural and backward areas of the country for the modern computing challenges.
Mission of the Department
- To offer valuable education through an effective pedagogical teaching-learning process.
- To shape technologically strong students for industry, research & higher studies.
- To stimulate the young brain entrenched with ethical values and professional behaviors for the progress of society.
Program Educational Objectives Statements
- Our graduates will show management skills and teamwork to attain employers’ objectives in their careers.
- Our graduates will explore the opportunities to succeed in research and/or higher studies.
- Our graduates will apply technical knowledge of information technology for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Our graduates will evolve ethical and professional practices for the betterment of society.
Program Specific Outcomes
- The ability to understand the principles of computer software to analyze, design, and develop algorithms for complex and logical problems.
- Enhance programming concepts and professional competencies of students by exercising principles of software engineering to fix various computational problems.
- To implement emerging technologies such as Natural Language Processing, Quantum Computing, Parallel Processing &Cloud Computing, etc., to serve society.
I welcome you to the creative world of Information Technology (IT) of ITM, Gwalior, M.P., India. The department is offering the degree of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Information Technology. Information technology has completely changed the appearance of the quality of everyday life with many innovative kinds of research. The ambition of the department is not only to impart industry-relevant technical skills but also to inculcate human values in the students. It aims to create the leaders of the knowledge society of tomorrow, who can contribute to the betterment of the nation. The department provides the right resonance mechanism for developing the emerging professional skills of the students. The department has state-of-the-art laboratories and provides innovative teaching facilities for the students to involve in continuous learning. Our students are given a strong foundation in IT that includes both theoretical and experimental frameworks. The department has plans which include the proposal to start M.Tech. programme in Information Technology. Careers in Information Technology remain in very high demand and offer not only the comforts of a high-paying job but also the intellectual challenges of a creative and productive profession. We are especially proud of the long and sustained placement records of our B.Tech. students. I am confident that the students of the department would justify the credibility of the department by showing a high level of professional competence in their respective fields. I invite you to join the Information Technology (IT) department of the ITM family to shape and build a modern world.
Dr. Aditya Vidyarthi
Professor and Head,
Department of Information Technology,
This course prepares the student for a career in any of the main areas where he can put to practice his knowledge of Information Technology. He/She is equipped enough to seek position in an organization engaged with Information Technology Enabled Services which has job opportunities of high order in MNC of IT sector in India and abroad.
learning process and methodology
The methodology is adopted to ensure proper learning which includes Lectures, Tutorials and Practical where tutorial and practical is in groups of 30 each. Every classroom is equipped with LCD projector.
Internal Assessment is based on:
- Mid Semester Tests (MSTs)
- Discipline & General behaviors of students
Institutional/Industrial Trainings (6 weeks)
- The students undergo a 4 weeks practical training in the Institute at the end of six semester and another value added training of 6 weeks duration in the institute/industry at the end of 4th semester.
- Students submit a report on the conduct of training and also give a seminar/presentation in the class
- Evaluation of training is done on the basis of performance & conduct during the training, training report, presentation and viva voce besides the value addition in students to increase their professional competence
Industrial Training ( 6 months)
- The students spend their entire semester (7th/8th) in an industry of relevance for their 6 months industrial training.
- o The student is permitted to join the training only if it is approved by the department.
- During the course of the training, faculty visits the industry to monitor the performance and conduct of the students working as trainees.
- Students submit a report on the conduct of training and also give a seminar/presentation in the class.
- Training awards are based on performance in training, feedback report of the faculty, training manager, training report, mid semester report, daily diary, viva voce conducted by external examiner besides the value addition in students to increase their professional competence.
- All the final year students are required to undergo a major project in their final academic semester.
- Both the project works are held under the supervision of senior faculty members
- The project may be sponsored or facilitated by the industry.
Interaction with the Industry
We believe that engineering education is incomplete without the support and collaboration of the industry. For this purpose, the department has developed strong linkages with the industry and renowned academic institutions. The interfacing with the industry helps the students in the following areas:
- Industrial visits- wherein the students get an opportunity to see the real application of engineering
- Expert lectures- The experts from various fields share their expertise and knowledge with the faculty and the students
- Workshops on specific technologies- The students get a hand on experience in these workshops
- Conferences & Symposiums- The students get an opportunity to explore their research potential
- Institutional & Industrial Training- Interfacing with the industry opens up multidimensional avenues for the students
- Value added Trainings: In-house value added trainings in niche areas like C/C++, JAVA, and Networking etc. are offered to students for developing their competence in specific areas that also gives them a competitive edge over others.
- Placements- The department supports and coordinates with the Centralized Training & Placement Cell of CT group for all placement related activities viz. interview preparation, inviting the companies for the placement drives and conduct of the same.
For all the aforesaid purposes, students are actively involved. The students have been identified as student coordinators who are working together in order to meet these objectives. Besides, these activities also inculcates managerial & leadership qualities in the students. The student coordinators are well guided and supported by two faculty members of the department who have been identified as industrial coordinators.
Personality Development & Grooming of the students
The department emphasizes on personality development & grooming of the students in order to develop professional capabilities of the students. Regular Personality development programs are organized in the department in collaboration with professional organizations. Besides, motivational lectures, Group Discussions, Mock interview sessions etc. are also organized on a regular basis. The students also get an opportunity to improve their communication skills in the language lab of the institute.
One faculty member has been identified as the class incharge for every class. His/her role is to guide the students for:
- Academic excellence
- Personality Development
- Positive attitude
- Good behavior
- Proper Dress & Uniform
- Etiquettes & Manners
- Motivation to students to actively participate in extra-curricular activities viz. sports, cultural activities etc.
- To refrain the students not to indulge in ragging & other social evils
Events & Seminars/Conf./Workshop
Faculty of ITM is involved in various consultancy projects and students of IT have participated in various conferences. ITM students Kapil Vaswani & Manu Saxena presented a paper on “Bigger Image in a Smaller packet”, Abhigya Gaur on “Artificial Intelligence: Beginning of a new era” and Prateek Paliwal on “Object Recognition by Image processing” in a National Conference at Charotar Institute of Technology, Changa, Anand on “Soft Computing”.
A paper was presented on “A secure Mobile IP Implementation for windows based wireless stations” by Mr. Vijay Parpyani, Mr. Abhishek Jain, Mr. Shubham Kalyankar as their internal seminar.
ITM has unique facility under Hardware& Networking Cell which conducts short terms training programs on hardware and networking on regular basis.
Mr. Aditya Vidyarthi presented research papers in various conferences viz., International Conference of ‘Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WECON-2008)’ held at Chitkara Institute of Engineering & Technology, Rajpura (Punjab) during Oct. 18-19, 2008. International Conference on ‘Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies 2008’ held at Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology S.D. India, Panipat during Nov. 8-9, 2008.
International Conference on ‘Managing Next Generation Software Applications (MNGSA)-2008)’ held at Karunya University, Coimbatore during Dec. 5-6, 2008; International Conference on ‘Advanced Computing Technologies (ICACT 2008)’ held at Gokaraju Rangraju Institute of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad during Dec. 26-27, 2008.
National Seminar on‘Advancement in Soft Computing and Data Mining’ held at TIT, Bhopal on Aug. 12, 2008. Under the scheme of perpetual academic upgradation, presently the faculty members of IT department have been sponsored for attending various workshops, seminars and symposiums. The faculty is actively involved in various consultancy and research projects.
Ms. Mamta Narwaria presented paper in an international conference on “A survey on Mobile ADHOC Network”. The faculty has attended various faculty updation programs held at IIITM, Gwalior and CDAC Hyderabad. The students of IT are actively involved in various R & D activities.