The course of information technology is designed to provide the highly skilled technique of automation involved production processes.The Department of Information Technology of ITM have well equipped aboratories with required application software, compilers & hardware including internet & Wi-Fi intranet connectivity on 565 terminals (ITM) of hybrid configuration supported by oftware like Oracle 9i, C++ Turbo, V.B. .Net., Windows XP and Linux 7.2, Win 98, Windows NT, Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, Linux 8.0, Office XP, Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, SQL server 2000, win proxy, Windows 2000 professional.
Welcome to the department of Computer Science and Engineering. We at department of CSE believe that learning is a continuous process and does not end with the acquisition of a degree, especially because steady and rapid advances in computing technologies shorten the life of tools and techniques prevalent today. Therefore we do not aim to make our students walking manuals of any language or package. Instead, they are given a strong foundation in computer science and problem-solving techniques, and are made adaptable to changes. We aim at offering the best quality education. The syllabus of CSE has been planned to offer a blend of computers, communication technologies and other information retrieving/processing tools so as to provide the student with the requisite knowledge for solving real life problems thereby enabling them to enter the world of opportunities with flying colors and capitalize the huge IT market.
Our faculty members are involved in interdisciplinary research efforts. We believe that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial Training and Practice School Project work in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the IT industry. I am confident that you will find our students worthy of any organization. I ardently admire the Faculty and supportive staff who have worked in an exemplary team spirit to enable the department to grow from strength to strength and hope they will continue with the same zeal in future as well.
Our Mission and Goal : We, at Department of CSE, are absolutely committed to serve the society and improve the mode of life by imparting high quality education in the field of Engineering and Management catering to the explicit and implicit needs of the students, society, humanity and industry. Our goal is to continuously improve the healthy learning environment and facilities being provided to the students to achieve academic excellence for employability as world class Technocrats and Managers, apart from making them noble human beings of a nation growing from strength to strength, dispelling the darkness of ignorance.
This course prepares the student for a career in any of the main areas where he can put to practice his knowledge of Information Technology. He/She is equipped enough to seek position in an organization engaged with Information Technology Enabled Services which has job opportunities of high order in MNC of IT sector in India and abroad.
learning process and methodology
The methodology is adopted to ensure proper learning which includes Lectures, Tutorials and Practical where tutorial and practical is in groups of 30 each. Every classroom is equipped with LCD projector.
Internal Assessment is based on:
- Mid Semester Tests (MSTs)
- Discipline & General behaviors of students
Institutional/Industrial Trainings (6 weeks)
- The students undergo a 4 weeks practical training in the Institute at the end of six semester and another value added training of 6 weeks duration in the institute/industry at the end of 4th semester.
- Students submit a report on the conduct of training and also give a seminar/presentation in the class
- Evaluation of training is done on the basis of performance & conduct during the training, training report, presentation and viva voce besides the value addition in students to increase their professional competence
Industrial Training ( 6 months)
- The students spend their entire semester (7th/8th) in an industry of relevance for their 6 months industrial training.
- o The student is permitted to join the training only if it is approved by the department.
- During the course of the training, faculty visits the industry to monitor the performance and conduct of the students working as trainees.
- Students submit a report on the conduct of training and also give a seminar/presentation in the class.
- Training awards are based on performance in training, feedback report of the faculty, training manager, training report, mid semester report, daily diary, viva voce conducted by external examiner besides the value addition in students to increase their professional competence.
- All the final year students are required to undergo a major project in their final academic semester.
- Both the project works are held under the supervision of senior faculty members
- The project may be sponsored or facilitated by the industry.
Interaction with the Industry
We believe that engineering education is incomplete without the support and collaboration of the industry. For this purpose, the department has developed strong linkages with the industry and renowned academic institutions. The interfacing with the industry helps the students in the following areas:
- Industrial visits- wherein the students get an opportunity to see the real application of engineering
- Expert lectures- The experts from various fields share their expertise and knowledge with the faculty and the students
- Workshops on specific technologies- The students get a hand on experience in these workshops
- Conferences & Symposiums- The students get an opportunity to explore their research potential
- Institutional & Industrial Training- Interfacing with the industry opens up multidimensional avenues for the students
- Value added Trainings: In-house value added trainings in niche areas like C/C++, JAVA, and Networking etc. are offered to students for developing their competence in specific areas that also gives them a competitive edge over others.
- Placements- The department supports and coordinates with the Centralized Training & Placement Cell of CT group for all placement related activities viz. interview preparation, inviting the companies for the placement drives and conduct of the same.
For all the aforesaid purposes, students are actively involved. The students have been identified as student coordinators who are working together in order to meet these objectives. Besides, these activities also inculcates managerial & leadership qualities in the students. The student coordinators are well guided and supported by two faculty members of the department who have been identified as industrial coordinators.
Personality Development & Grooming of the students
The department emphasizes on personality development & grooming of the students in order to develop professional capabilities of the students. Regular Personality development programs are organized in the department in collaboration with professional organizations. Besides, motivational lectures, Group Discussions, Mock interview sessions etc. are also organized on a regular basis. The students also get an opportunity to improve their communication skills in the language lab of the institute.
One faculty member has been identified as the class incharge for every class. His/her role is to guide the students for:
- Academic excellence
- Personality Development
- Positive attitude
- Good behavior
- Proper Dress & Uniform
- Etiquettes & Manners
- Motivation to students to actively participate in extra-curricular activities viz. sports, cultural activities etc.
- To refrain the students not to indulge in ragging & other social evils
Events & Seminars/Conf./Workshop
Faculty of ITM is involved in various consultancy projects and students of IT have participated in various conferences. ITM students Kapil Vaswani & Manu Saxena presented a paper on “Bigger Image in a Smaller packet”, Abhigya Gaur on “Artificial Intelligence: Beginning of a new era” and Prateek Paliwal on “Object Recognition by Image processing” in a National Conference at Charotar Institute of Technology, Changa, Anand on “Soft Computing”. A paper was presented on “A secure Mobile IP Implementation for windows based wireless stations” by Mr. Vijay Parpyani, Mr. Abhishek Jain, Mr. Shubham Kalyankar as their internal seminar. IITM has unique facility under Hardware& Networking Cell which conducts short terms training programs on hardware and networking on regular basis. Mr. Aditya Vidyarthi presented research papers in various conferences viz., International Conference of ‘Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WECON-2008)’ held at Chitkara Institute of Engineering & Technology, Rajpura (Punjab) during Oct. 18-19, 2008. International Conference on ‘Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies 2008’ held at Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology S.D. India, Panipat during Nov. 8-9, 2008; International Conference on ‘Managing Next Generation Software Applications (MNGSA)-2008)’ held at Karunya University, Coimbatore during Dec. 5-6, 2008; International Conference on ‘Advanced Computing Technologies (ICACT 2008)’ held at Gokaraju Rangraju Institute of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad during Dec. 26-27, 2008; National Seminar on‘Advancement in Soft Computing and Data Mining’ held at TIT, Bhopal on Aug. 12, 2008. Under the scheme of perpetual academic upgradation, presently the faculty members of IT department have been sponsored for attending various workshops, seminars and symposiums. The faculty is actively involved in various consultancy and research projects. Ms. Mamta Narwaria presented paper in an international conference on “A survey on Mobile ADHOC Network”. The faculty has attended various faculty updation programs held at IIITM, Gwalior and CDAC Hyderabad. The students of IT are actively involved in various R & D activities.