Department of civil engineering having been formed since 2009, has already contributed significantly to the society. The department offers Bachelor of Engineering degree to the students. The department actively promotes events which enhances the technical, communicational and organizational skills.
To establish a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering for imparting technical education and conducting cutting-edge research; to serve as a valuable resource for industry and society.
- To provide education, training, and resources to develop civil engineering technical manpower to fulfil current and future industry demands.
- To build new knowledge by conducting cutting-edge research in continuous collaboration with industry, with a focus on the development of leadership skills in young minds.
- To produce Civil Engineers who are ethically and morally responsible towards the society and nation.
Program Educational Objectives
- The graduate will be able to practice civil engineering in infrastructure industries, public sector undertakings and entrepreneurship.
- The graduate will be able to pursue higher education in the various domains of Civil Engineering for their knowledge enhancement.
- The graduate will be able to showcase leadership skills, team spirit and ethical practices.
Program Specific Outcomes
- The graduate will be able to practice codal provisions like IRC, IS, NBC, CPHEEO manuals for planning & designing of civil infrastructures.
- The graduate will be able to draw and design the various civil Engineering structures by using software such as AUTO-CAD, STAAD-Pro, Google SketchUp etc.
- The graduates will be able to perform effectively as an individual or in a team having acquired leadership skills and manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
Construction industry is flourishing now-a-days with a huge demand of quality civil engineers, for fulfilling this, our departments contributing by developing through practical approach of subjects, better infrastructure; we are giving special attention on communication skills, innovative projects so they can lead in the professional world.
The faculties are qualified and co-operative and always keen to support the student for the betterment of academics. We are glad to inform you that our students won many competitions at state and national level, our alumni serving as a good human resource in various public and private sector.
The Department of civil engineering offers modernized laboratories for Hydraulic engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Geotechnical engineering, Advanced Surveying to name a few. The department is supported by two smart class rooms consist of sophisticated facilities. The students are also facilitated with Computer Labs to inculcate soft skills and proper understanding of software’s related to civil engineering.
learning process and methodology
Under the Students Chapter: Society of Civil Engineers, BUILDING DESIGN AND DRAWING competition was organized successfully. This event involved the participation of seventy one students specifically of department of Civil Engineering.
Events & Seminars/Conf./Workshop
Department of Civil Engineering IITM has MoU with Indo-German Tool Room, Indore which is being used to conduct a number of short term courses to provide intensive training in CAD CAM, Pro-E, Unigraphics, and IDEA. It has helped the faculty and the students to enhance their capability as a Civil Engineer. And also the faculty is engaged in various sponsored projects. Department of Civil Engg. ITM also have MOU with Delhi College of Engg., New Delhi. DCE will provide collaborative efforts in the field of Laboratory Development, Training of Staff of ITM, Guest lectures by the faculty of DCE. Delhi, Guidance in the project work of senior students and R&D projects.
Academic Activities (Industrial Training)
1. Students of 5th semester were taken for industrial visit under the “BORDER RESEARCH ORGANIZATION” to Rohtang pass situated at Leh-Manali highway, Himachal Pradesh for the purpose of understanding TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION.
2. Students of 7th semester visited MATATILA DAM built over situated at Shivpuri, MADHYA PRADESH.
3. For the enhancement of practical knowledge of the students a industrial visit to KESHAR APARTMENTS(GWALIOR) and ITM (UNIVERSITY)
Learning Process and Methodology
The faculty of civil engineering believes in delivering lectures with modern methodologies such as Power point presentation, Models and video lectures. The Students are made to perform practical in the laboratories for better understanding of concepts. It is also taken care of that the students give seminars on technical, social and self-interested topics to give thrust to his/her personality.