COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
The Computer Science Department was started in the year 2002 and since then it has brought good academic results. All the faculty members of the department are working hard to get good academic results of its students and are also helping its faculty and students to have a good personal growth.
The course provided by institution is one of the introductory programming courses. Topics focus on the introduction to the engineering of computer applications emphasizing modern software engineering principles: object-oriented design, decomposition, encapsulation, abstraction, and testing.
The rapid advances in computer technology in today's highly technological society have resulted in a continuing demand for computer science graduates. The computer science prepares you as professional to be able to apply the basic principles of computing and the latest technological advancements to solve problems in business, education, and government. You may work as systems analyst who designs solutions to specific problems or become an application programmer to translate these solutions into software, or technical support professional who resolves a wide range of problems related to computer applications and use. Other career possibilities are system administrators, computer network administrators, or systems programmers.
Welcome to the department of Computer Science and Engineering. We at department of CSE believe that learning is a continuous process and does not end with the acquisition of a degree, especially because steady and rapid advances in computing technologies shorten the life of tools and techniques prevalent today. Therefore we do not aim to make our students walking manuals of any language or package. Instead, they are given a strong foundation in computer science and problem-solving techniques, and are made adaptable to changes. We aim at offering the best quality education. The syllabus of CSE has been planned to offer a blend of computers, communication technologies and other information retrieving/processing tools so as to provide the student with the requisite knowledge for solving real life problems thereby enabling them to enter the world of opportunities with flying colors and capitalize the huge IT market
learning process and methodology
The methodology is adopted to ensure proper learning which includes Lectures, Tutorials and Practical where tutorial and practical is in groups of 30 each. Every classroom is equipped with LCD projector.
Internal Assessment is based on:
- Mid Semester Tests (MSTs)
- Discipline & General behaviors of students
Institutional/Industrial Trainings (6 weeks)
- The students undergo a 4 weeks practical training in the Institute at the end of six semester and another value added training of 6 weeks duration in the institute/industry at the end of 4th semester.
- Students submit a report on the conduct of training and also give a seminar/presentation in the class
- Evaluation of training is done on the basis of performance & conduct during the training, training report, presentation and viva voce besides the value addition in students to increase their professional competence
Industrial Training (4 months)
- The students spend their entire semester (7th/8th) in an industry of relevance for their 6 months industrial training.
- o The student is permitted to join the training only if it is approved by the department.
- During the course of the training, faculty visits the industry to monitor the performance and conduct of the students working as trainees.
- Students submit a report on the conduct of training and also give a seminar/presentation in the class.
- Training awards are based on performance in training, feedback report of the faculty, training manager, training report, mid semester report, daily diary, viva voce conducted by external examiner besides the value addition in students to increase their professional competence.
- All the final year students are required to undergo a major project in their final academic semester.
- Both the project works are held under the supervision of senior faculty members
- The project may be sponsored or facilitated by the industry.
Interaction with the Industry
We believe that engineering education is incomplete without the support and collaboration of the industry. For this purpose, the department has developed strong linkages with the industry and renowned academic institutions. The interfacing with the industry helps the students in the following areas:
- Industrial visits- wherein the students get an opportunity to see the real application of engineering
- Expert lectures- The experts from various fields share their expertise and knowledge with the faculty and the students
- Workshops on specific technologies- The students get a hand on experience in these workshops
- Conferences & Symposiums- The students get an opportunity to explore their research potential
- Institutional & Industrial Training- Interfacing with the industry opens up multidimensional avenues for the students
- Value added Trainings: In-house value added trainings in niche areas like C/C++, JAVA, and Networking etc. are offered to students for developing their competence in specific areas that also gives them a competitive edge over others.
- Placements- The department supports and coordinates with the Centralized Training & Placement Cell of CT group for all placement related activities viz. interview preparation, inviting the companies for the placement drives and conduct of the same.
For all the aforesaid purposes, students are actively involved. The students have been identified as student coordinators who are working together in order to meet these objectives. Besides, these activities also inculcates managerial & leadership qualities in the students. The student coordinators are well guided and supported by two faculty members of the department who have been identified as industrial coordinators.
Personality Development & Grooming of the students
The department emphasizes on personality development & grooming of the students in order to develop professional capabilities of the students. Regular Personality development programs are organized in the department in collaboration with professional organizations. Besides, motivational lectures, Group Discussions, Mock interview sessions etc. are also organized on a regular basis. The students also get an opportunity to improve their communication skills in the language lab of the institute.
One faculty member has been identified as the class incharge for every class. His/her role is to guide the students for:
- Academic excellence
- Personality Development
- Positive attitude
- Good behavior
- Proper Dress & Uniform
- Etiquettes & Manners
- Motivation to students to actively participate in extra-curricular activities viz. sports, cultural activities etc.
- To refrain the students not to indulge in ragging & other social evils
Events & Seminars/Conf./Workshop
Essential for Java
The Workshop on “Essential on Java” has helped the students to learn how application, applets and servlets are similar and different. They also learnt to build basic user interface. The workshop was not comprehensive but instead it took the student on a straight and uncomplicated path through moral programming features.
The basic role of seminar was to provide essential knowledge to our M.Tech. and faculty member.
Computer Security vs Virus
Seminar provides knowledge of the computer security and virus removed to our all students. Hacking protection is described here.
Students are given the knowledge of “LaTex” tool for research to write papers in appropriate manner.