The IQAC Structure:
IQAC is constituted in the institute under the chairmanship of the Director of the institutions along with Dean Academics, Head of the Departments, Administrative members, teaching staff, alumni, and stakeholders. As given in Fig. 10.2.
Objectives of IQAC:
- 1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College.
- 2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
Functions of IQAC:
- To develop Development and application of quality benchmark/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for the feedback responses from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality-related themes, and promotion of quality circles.
- Development of quality culture in the institute.
Benefits of IQAC:
- Ensure a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the institute.
Action Plan of IQAC:
- Activities reflecting the goals and objectives of the institution.
- Innovations in curricular design and transition.
- Examination reforms implemented.
- Community services.
- Teaching-non teaching staff ratio.
- Improvements in the library services.
- Feedback from stakeholders.
- The unit cost of education.
- Financial aid to students.
- Health services.
- Placement services are provided to the students.
- Development programs for teaching and non-teaching staff.